All three grades of blanket have the same excellent chemicalstability compared with their raw materials: Cerafibre™,Cerachem™ Fibre and Cerachrome™ Fibre spun bulk.They have excellent strength before and after heating. They havesuperior acoustic as well as thermal insulation characteristics.The wide range of available densities and thicknesses allow forthe most effective deployment of the superior thermalcharacteristics in a wide variety of applications.
Refractory fibre blankets
Cerachem™ Blanket: 1425°C
Cerachrome™ Blanket: 1425°C
The maximum use temperature depends on the application. Incase of doubt, refer to your local Thermal Ceramics distributorfor advice.
- Excellent insulating performance.
- Unaffected by most chemicals except hydrofluoric and phosphoric acids and strong alkalies.
- Excellent thermal stability: fibres have good resistance to devitrification.
- For some applications, it is possible to use Cerachrome Blanket above its classification temperature (shrinkage is 5% at 1500°C).
- Low heat storage.
- The combination of long spun fibres and the needling operation produce tough, resilient and strong blankets, which resist tearing both before and after heating.
- Resistance to thermal shock.
- Good sound absorption.